Monday, October 15, 2012

Mars Attacks! Miss Fury!

 This past weekend was New York Comic Con, with many projects announced. One I'm going to be keepin an eye on (just for all the pre-publication hoopla surrounding it) is SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN by Dan Slott and crew. Spidey's my favourite superhero ever but I long ago let go of any "ownership" of what happened to him. Sometimes he's in something I like, sometimes not. That's comics!
Anyway, an announcement I was part of was IDW's news that in 2013 the popular MARS ATTACKS license will invade several of their books. I was asked to draw a variant cover with MARS ATTACKS MISS FURY. Though I'd seen Miss Fury before I'm not all that familiar with the character. Basically she looks like Catwoman in a cape. And in fact her costume is made of black leopardskin. Fuzzy.
I nabbed that cover image from the CBR website
These are the rough drawings I submitted. I liked the giant Martian head on the top two, but also liked the idea of Miss Fury blowing up Martian saucers and parachuting elegantly back to her palatial estate. 
Next up: I'm redesigning Spidey's costume. Stay Spidey-tuned!

j.

1 comment:

Twirler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.